I am a ZJU100 Young Professor [浙大百人计划研究员，博士生导师] with the College of Computer Science and Technology at Zhejiang University in China. I am also an EU Marie Curie Individual Fellow [欧盟"玛丽·居里学者"]. Prior to my current position, I served as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science at Aalborg University in Denmark from 2020 to 2022 and held the role of Senior Engineer at Ant Group (formerly Alipay) from 2018 to 2019. In 2022, I was also a visiting scholar at the Database Group at Southern University of Science and Technology in China. I earned my Ph.D. from Zhejiang University in 2018 and my B.Sc. from Sichuan University in China in 2012.
I am currently focusing on building Sustainable Data Intelligence and Data Systems [SuDIS] that are Rapid, Reliable, Responsible, and Resilient. My work in this area encompasses various topics:
- Resource-efficient Computing
- lightweight spaiotemporal modeling (SIGMOD'23);
- edge-resident data management (VLDB'22).
- Data Quality for AI and AI for Data Quality
- learning-based cleansing and repairing of IoT data (SIGMOD'22, ICDE'23);
- data mining and learning with low-quality positioning data (TKDE'18, VLDB'18, TKDE'19, ICDE'20, VLDB'21).
- Reliable Mobile Computing Services
- context-aware path planning (ICDE'20, TKDE'21, VLDB'22, ICDE'22);
- contact tracing using low-quality mobility data (VLDB'22, TKDE'23);
- data fusion for indoor localization (UbiComp'15).
- Codebase "LightCTS: A lightweight framework for correlated time series forecasting" (SIGMOD 2023).
- Call-For-Papers The Electronics Special Issue on "New Challenges in Cloud–Fog–Edge Computing and Mobile Intelligence".
- SIGMOD 2022 Tutorial "Spatial data quality in the IoT era: Management and exploitation" (with B. Tang, H. Lu, M.A. Cheema, and C.S. Jensen).
- Author Version "Spatial data quality in the Internet of Things: Management, exploitation, and prospects" (CSUR 2022).
- Benchmark "Indoor spatial queries: Modeling, indexing, and processing" (EDBT 2020).
- EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship "MALOT: Managing Mobility Data Quality for Location of Things".
- Codebase "Vita: A versatile toolkit for generating indoor mobility data for real-world buildings" (VLDB 2016).